Saturday, July 25, 2009

Family- Driven Faith

The following is a conversation that took place a few moments ago between Hannah (4) and Naomi (3). I was choosing a video for them to watch.

Hannah: I wonder which one Mom will pick?
Naomi: I don't know, but God knows.
Hannah: Naomi, He knew you were going to say that before you said that!
Naomi: Yeah.
Interlude of silence
Naomi: I hope it's Little Mermaid. I like Little Mermaid.
Hannah: But you wouldn't want to be her.
Naomi: No! She's immodest and disobeys her daddy.

Mom: No, we aren't watching Little Mermaid. . . . how about Little Einsteins?

Interestingly, as I was listening to the girls my thoughts immediately concluded with "out of the mouths of babes". . .and I stopped up short. While this might be true, these girls didn't have this conversation randomly as if they came to these conclusions on their own. No, this precious interchange is the result of a family-driven faith. A faith that is, by God's grace, lived out and spoken throughout our days together. A Gospel-centered home doesn't just happen. Hungry for more on the subject? Read Family-Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham. He helps unpack the biblical truths on why parents are the primary cultivators of their childrens' souls. Happy sowing!

No comments: