Monday, September 13, 2010

Addendum...

Well, the day after the wonderful cleaning, I walked out in the morning and my eyes again filled with tears!  This time because of the amazingly streaked windows.  One child had shown much diligence and spent considerable time washing the windows - inside and out!  I wondered, what did they wash the windows with?  Milk?  Ah. . .training. . . it continues. . . Off to finish the front room windows. . .is it foggy today?

I had just talked with a younger mom the day before about teaching children to help and letting go of "mom" expectations. . . if you want the help then you have to let a few dishes break, clothes be folded (not your way), and dresser drawers be a bit messy, AND streaked windows. . .So humbling to eat your own words!

2 comments:

sassychicken said...

do you use newspaper...this will cut down on the streaking greatly.

Robin said...

Maybe they'd like to watch a demo on eHow.com. I googled how to wash windows this summer and found a series of videos on how to wash them. (It may seem easy enough, but I had never done it before and they taught me how to take off the screens, too.). The videos were very quick and to the point. I got the right tool and got to work, and they came out great! It was actually fun!