Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Choosing Books...

We are a home filled with readers.  We actually have to tell our children NOT to read so much.  Crazy.  However wonderful reading is, not all books are beneficial to read.  Here is a wonderful tool that we made into a book mark to assist in choosing our books. . .

"Would I read this book aloud to mother?

Would I feel honored to know the people of this book in real life?

Would the truth of God's Word approve of the conduct of the story characters?

If I 'spend time' reading this book, will I be challenged to live a pure and holy life, a life pleasing to God?

Will the choices and ideals found in this book profit my life?

If I read this book will it help me to better serve my Lord?"

Adapted from Beautiful Girlhood Revised by Karen Andreola

By the way, that is a book worth reading!

No comments: