Friday, June 1, 2012

Girls, girls, girls!!

Girls, girls, girls! To quote the song from Annie, "some women are dripping in diamonds, some women are dripping in pearls, lucky me, lucky me, look at what I'm dripping in - little girls!" While Miss Hannigan is not happy about her fate, I feel extremely blessed to be drippin' in girls! I chalk this up to the deep longing for the sister I never had . . .still getting therapy for that. Ha.

It is super fun to watch this little threesome enjoy each other. Their older sisters (and brothers) blessed them with a special tea party when they woke up from naps. The pictures say it all:).

Who doesn't love to dress up?!

Hannah Esther (7)

Naomi Deborah (6)

Jael Leah (4)

Jonathan even made special visual placecards for the special event!

Sarah and Bekah set a mean table and make a nice spread.


The Wonder Twins (Bekah-9 & Jonathan-11) even helped serve and entertain!
Re-reading Girl Talk with Sarah and Bekah reminded me of my vision and intentions with my six (!) daughters. "The Bible unfolds an exciting and important plan for mothers and daughters: to pass on the legacy of biblical womanhood that commends the gospel." What is this "biblical womanhood?" Mahaney defines is as "God's perfect design for women as revealed in the Bible." Frustrated with your daughter? Disappointed in your mother?  God has a purpose for your relationship and is all about redeeming relationships for His glory!

No comments: