Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Blessings

I left Jael sitting contently playing on her blanket only to return to find her in a coonskin cap, sucking on a gun (play, of course)! Only in the Micu home, I am convinced. Ah well. That's what I get for leaving her unattended.
These two are too much! Decked out in their Daniel Boone coonskin caps from the trip they have been having a grand time. I pray that they will remain close brothers and friends. My favorite quote of the week may be from Jonathan (again), age 7. After desiring to retaliate to one of his brother's provocations, I exhorted him with "I will repay, I will avenge, says the Lord." Jonathan, never missing a beat, replied "I was just helping God." Hmmm.
Rebekah Ruth lost another tooth! This time is was yanked by big sister Sarah! I just love watching my kids interact with one another (usually). Today Bekah mentioned how loose her tooth was and I wriggled it. Yuck, it was. Sarah took charge and taking her hand led her off to tie the proverbial string around it and set it free. It worked! They returned victorious within minutes and Bekah proudly displays her new gap. I was grateful to not have to pull it. So far I have managed not to pull any teeth and I'm hoping to keep it that way.
Sarah managed to squeeze in time during her school day to make a dress (and matching headband) to wear to her Keepers at Home group (we are working on the sewing charm), see www.keepersofthefaith.com for more information. She's becoming quite the young lady!
I think we have a picture of little Miss Rebekah reading to all her younger sisters! She loved to "read" to them before she could read! For just turning 6 this summer, she is an excellent and avid reader. Jael is receiving some early literacy training.

No comments: