Friday, August 22, 2008

Sleeping Beauties. . .

Since this is my "on-line scrapbook", there are other photos I plan on including from our trip to Colorado. (Yes, I do have a bin in the garage of all the creative memories stuff I was convinced that I would utilize.) While we have moved on here and have other happenings to share, I thought I'd continue on a bit with a few photos of our sleepy heads on the drive home.
Sweet dreams! Snoozing helped the time pass more quickly. Naomi spent quite a few hours trying to escape her car seat. Looks like she made some progress before tiring out!
Sweet little Tweety bird head! This is deja vu - Jael has the same profile as Hannah. Does she look white to ya'll? We are still waiting for her pigment to come in! Personally, I think she's a white Paul. Strange. Good thing she's got a handsome Daddy.
Jonathan concocted his own sleeping method, resting his head on the shoulder belt. It looked very uncomfortable, so I tried to put the pillow rest in for him. He didn't seem to mind. You can see some of the exciting scenery we enjoyed. This is the nothing land of Nevada and Utah. Sometimes I think even Kansas might be a nice change! Naomi seems to be missing at this point. Fortunately it's difficult to lose her in the car, but this is somewhat mysterious.
This shot was taken in our room at the YMCA Camp in Estes Park, CO. Somehow the "roomies" both ended up in the queen bed before officially starting their day. I loved that they were sleeping in the same position. I think I need to frame this one for their room.

If the room looks small, it is. It hosts a full/queen bed and two sets of bunks. There is a sink in the room and a small bathroom. With a pack-n-play and 9 people, it was cozy. My folks had some of our children listed in their room and had planned on taking a few, but what's a family vacation without members of your family?!? So, it was really like a big slumber party every night! I think someone ended up in our bed almost every night! After living like the majority of the world for a week (actually, better. We only had nine in the room and it was a furnished room with carpet and running water.) we felt like our home had tripled in size!

It definitely tripled in heat. We left Estes Park at a chilly 43 degrees and my the time we unloaded at the hotel in Mesquite, Nevada that evening it was a toasty 112 degrees! Our house was 88 degrees inside. Home sweat home. I mean, home sweet home!

No comments: