Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ending October . . .

The gang enjoyed carving our pumpkin and it was fun to watch the teamwork take place. Everyone got to help do a little something and each played a vital role in the end accomplishment.


This photo makes me laugh at my own stupidness. If that's even a word! There we were, the seven children and mom, crowded into the small laundry room in the dark taking a picture of their end product (my sister-in-love did this and it looked cool) but this techno-idiot Mama couldn't figure out how to get the flash off! LOL Well, it's still a really cool pumpkin.
Sarah cleaned up the seeds and roasted some for us to enjoy later. She saved a few for our garden next summer.
Jael hid under the table most of the time. Later that day we enjoyed a trip to the local pumpkin patch. What a fun night of cornfield mazes, animals, pumpkins and just family fun times together. The kids dressed up and enjoyed their time running around.

Hannah and her little lambs. . .


Naomi always looks devious. . .
We ran into a gal who had ferrets. Paul was VERY excited as he has always wanted a ferret. . .so don't be surprised if we have a new pet soon. . .we got her number. . .

While we had a great time at the Pumpkin Patch, I have always wanted to have a Reformation Day celebration. I was inspired again this year by my sister-in-love, Hannah's blog, www.familyfun.blogspot.com.

Who knows, maybe our tribe will try hosting one next year. . . if there's not a new baby! :) I love the history of it, but the day is really about the CANDY for me!

No comments: