Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolved. . .

Inspired by the young man, Jonathan Edwards, here are a few resolutions I aspire to daily (written following the 2007 RESOLVED conference). . .

1. to daily spend time in the Word, however short a time, and resolve to meditate on the Truth therein.
2. to preach the Gospel to myself daily.
3. to speak only of myself when asked, and then, only to attribute all glories and blessings to God.
4. to pray more earnestly for my husband and children, especially in regard to salvation and that which is of the spiritual realm.
5. to speak always of Christ and Him crucified to my children and others.
6. to demonstrate kindness to all men.
7. to busy at home, never idle, either in thought, word, or deed.
8. to never forsake the assembly of the saints.
9. to think, speak, and see the best in all men.
10. in all conversation, to point to Christ, His redeeming work and our need for such a Redeemer.
11. to joyfully delight in the duties God grants me, especially those of the mundane nature.
12. to place myself last, in serving of self, one's needs, position, in order to daily remember that other shall be valued higher than self.
13. to not grumble, fret, whine, or complain, and if so, to quicken to confession and repentance.
14. to consider all monies as God's, and to therefore spend His resources with great trepidation and wisdom.
15. to live with death before me, prepared in all ways to depart at His bidding.
16. to at no time indulge the appetites of the flesh that they might be crucified and victory in Christ enjoyed.
17. to train my children in the fear of the Lord in order that they might train their children (and so forth) unto the next generation.
18. to consider no task too great or too lowly, as Christ gives both strength and humbleness of Spirit.
19. to not seek the "approval of man" but only that of my God.
20. to daily delight and marvel in Christ, my treasure!

No comments: