Friday, May 8, 2009

Events. . . .

Probably the biggest event around here this week was Mom hitting the big 4-0! Wow. It's really hard to believe. 40 just sounds old. I know, those of you over 40 know the truth - it isn't old. But it sure does sound it! I know I thought my folks were half dead at forty! I keep thinking that the little ones keep us young. . .but the gray hair and wrinkles are telling a different story! I sure wouldn't change it, though. Did I have a nice birthday? My heart is overflowing as I look at the precious faces of my seven. Doctorate? Degrees? Money? Fame? Affluence? It all pales in comparison with what God has given me in beautiful children and a loving hubby. Paul always takes some great shots and puts together some photos for my birthday, here's one I liked:
We've also been working hard around the backyard. We had some help. . . but it is coming together and we are enjoying soft grass! I also don't have to worry about a baby falling into a hole. . .



Paul, Sarah, Joshua, and Jonathan enjoyed a day's work of fishing last week. It has become an annual event to fish Hume Lake the week between their Fisherman's Conference! It's a win-win situation. Paul and the kids love catching the fish and Lolo is thrilled. He cleans them and cooks them up!
This year's biggie - with a story behind it! Jon's reel was broken. Sarah noticed the line moving. But the reel didn't work, so Jon had to take off walking with his pole while Paul and Sarah pulled the line in . . . not bad!

No comments: