Thursday, August 12, 2010

Death. . .New Life

I kept looking at the date on August 10th wondering why. . .I know my grandpa died around that date and a cousin was born. . .but it finally dawned on me on the 11th - it was the day I died and was reborn!

August 10, 1990 was the day that God, although knowing before the foundations of the world were set, regenerated me and caused faith to dwell in my heart so that on that day 20 years ago I was able to repent and live for Christ. Ironically, in our American decisionism culture, salvation experiences are really just emotional/spiritually experiences that wane over time. True conversion will progress in seeing God, great and holy and self, low and sinful. As the chasm looks greater and greater, the Cross becomes more glorious. Let us, like David, never forget the joy of our salvation!! I am no more deserving of this grace today than I was 20 years ago. There is nothing I can add to my salvation today, like there was nothing I could offer 20 years ago. It is all grace. Amazing.

I love the lyrics of this song by Vicky Beeching "The Wonder of the Cross" found at the link below. . .
CHORUS:

May I never lose the wonder
The wonder of the cross
May I see it like the first time
Standing as a sinner lost
Undone by mercy and left speechless
Watching wide eyed at the cost
May I never lose the wonder
The wonder of the cross

http://www.superlyrics.com/lyrics/kGRU3EEBF9@H@U/The_Wonder_Of_The_Cross_lyrics_by_Vicky_Beeching.html


Be in awe of the gospel today! May it never lose its power. . .

No comments: