Saturday, March 5, 2011

Re-Modeling. . .

It seems if one has been in church a number of years we hear the analogies between construction and our life in Christ.  This is especially true when thinking of building with a true foundation and how the entire house hinges on the foundation laid. 

There are so many other analogies as well.  The ones I am learning have to do with re-modeling.  It's amazing how a beautifully painted wall can look appear so nice until you cut the wall and a bunch of dust flies out - literally.  It covers everything.  How I don't want to be like that!  A nice exterior only to be crumbling in the inner man.  May my outer man merely allow the inner "re-modeled" self to shine out and through.

Today was a long day of work, from sunrise to sundown (and moon rise!).  Yet, when I looked around it just didn't seem like much was done.  The main thrust today was electrical.  So much work, so much wiring, so much prep. . .yet so unnoticed.  Unnoticed until I was looking for the light tonight.  Hmm.  When I was made alive in Christ, so much was demolished.  In fact, the filthy dust of sin was swept clean!  But in the daily re-modeling, so many times I don't "see" the Spirit's work - but may it be there allowing Christ's light to shine forth in bringing God glory.

We spend a hot afternoon bagging up insulation in order for the electricians to find all the wires.

Some of the bagged insulation.  There was still plenty we didn't get to.

The can lights went in today with much gratitude to friends with know-how.

Ever heard of a kitchen work triangle?  Prior owners of this house took that literally.  This has been my hub of life for the past 10 months.  It really is that confining and small.

Why a new lay-out was important.  Not only is a tight squeeze with several chefs/helpers, but once you are in - it's hard to get out!  I figure I wasted at least several days of the last 10 months with all the extra steps I as taking to get around this thing.

No comments: