Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Llamas on the loose. . .

I'm pretty sure I deal with situations most (American) women do not face on a daily basis. Last week, two of our new llamas decided to jump the fence (this inexperienced ranch hand didn't even know they jumped!) and wander the fields. After three hours, we gave up and waited for our llama whisperer (Paul) to come home and catch them.

Yesterday, one decided to bail again. I'm pretty sure I can come up with a list of over 100 things I'd rather be doing than llama catching. I'm positive that if you had told me 20 years ago, 10 years ago, even 3 years ago that some of my days would be spent catching the rescued/relocated animals that my hubby brings home - I'd laugh. Probably more in disbelief like Sarah than like the confident "bring on the future because I know my God" kinda laugh by the Proverbs 31 woman. Nonetheless, there I am in the back pastures with Jon and Bekah yelling words like "flank" and running like I'm 14. I hope you're enjoying a laugh as you imagine it. Jon with the lasso, me with some hay, Bekah with a stick, and Hannah and JJ standing near the ducks and chickens holding the dogs back. . .

Thinking about it, I may have more interesting memories with my kids than most American women get to enjoy, as well:). Although that doesn't mean that I want to keep those llama brothers. . .

All of this reminds me of one of our favorite memories of last year. . .but you'll have to wait until "journal time" tomorrow:). Yep, I have decided to journal at the same time my kids are journaling with hopes of better success this year (with them and me). . .until tomorrow!

No comments: