Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cups!

What's a mom to do?  It is sometimes the "little things" in life that put me over the edge.  Like cups.  There are just too many cups used at this house.  People take a cup and then leave it.  They forget which cup was theirs and pick a new cup.  It drives me nuts to be constantly dealing with cups.  Years ago I was encouraged by Kendra, preschoolersandpeace, to color-coordinate items in the home.  I think I did a few things, like towels and bedding.  Well, it's time for CUPS!  These lovely cups were found at Target for a mere $1.38 - a price worthy of my sanity.  Each child has their own color cup and plate.  Now I will finally know whose milk is left and who forgot to clear their spot at the table!  Victory, I hope.  Even if it might be short-lived and they all melt in the dishwasher.  A day of sanity will be worth it!

Beside the cups is my wonderful, expensive (but worth it) Vita-Mix.  This is one of our favorite meals -Strawberry Banana Smoothie.

Amy's Basic Smoothie Recipe

2-3 frozen bananas
1 apple or pear
10-12 strawberries, frozen
Strawberry yogurt (2-3)
Strawberry Jumex Juice (Mexican section)

Fill blender about 1/3 with Strawberry juice.  Add yogurt and fruits. Blend on high until smooth.  Pour into color-coded cups!

No comments: