Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Discoveries!

 We discovered that our grape "jelly" mixed in with cream cheese makes a delicious bagel spread!  Now how to package that for gifts. . .hmm.  If I were Sassy Chicken I would have made my own bagels. . .but that leads to a second discovery - our new friend, Fresh and Easy!

When I first went to the store I thought there was no way I'd be shopping there.  Everything is packaged into one/two person servings, highly priced.  Not exactly a store for a family of 10!  But, we have discovered that they mark all that nice fresh food down daily. . so that the large bag of bagels we enjoyed with our new grape spread was a mere $.40.  And the plethera of fruit displayed below was less than $2.00!  They even threw in the nifty bag. . . love it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Amy! Another similar discovery I have found is mixing a container or Cool Whip with fruit yogurt. Makes for a yummy pancake topping that isn't syrup! I love it :) Hope you and the family are doing the well!

Full Quiver Family said...

Fun! Will have to try it. . any favorite flavors?

Sarah said...

strawberry or blueberry are my favorite :)