Saturday, February 23, 2013

Journals

Back in 1996 I read something about a mother who had kept journals on her kids (probably two!) and had passed the journals onto her kids when they left home - what a blessing and legacy it was to them. So, I went out and bought a nice journal and began to write to our first child. The pages were filled quickly and by the time Sarah arrived I think I had to start another journal! I held up pretty well until the 3rd pregnancy in 3 years. Then I realized that the unborn blessing would not receive writings until after they were born! I still attempted to catch their milestones, funny sayings/happenings, stories and jot them in their individual little books tucked away in my closet. By the time the 5th or 6th rolled around, I was only pulling down the journals to jote updates on their birthdays. Yep. Annual remarks. By the time I had number 8, I think I got his delivery recorded. . . at least partially. As of today, there is still no journal for baby number nine and she's pushing 11 months.

Worse stats than my blogging!  Well, I'm celebrating each child's birthday this year with writing down memories of their beginnings, who they currently are and what a blessing we consider them. So, that's what's happening with these birthday posts:).

No comments: