Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Setting the Bar. . .

I love it when truth clicks in my mind. In fact, I love it when anything seems to click in my brain these days! This morning I was mulling over where have we lost our children. . .no my biological children are not misplaced, but the generation of young people who have been raised in our Bible-teaching churches but lack a Biblical worldview. The Bible is held as the authority and taught consistently, yet it is not "sticking". As I went to hang up my bath towel this morning, it clicked. It must be hung on something to stay. A bath towel will not hang from the wall without something securing it there. Not so profound, I know. The simple truth is that the pegs of a Biblical worldview must be hung before the towels of Biblical instruction will remain. I'm using this one to explain to my children why we do what we do. . .

Maybe we'll actually get some towel bars hung in the process as well. . .

No comments: