Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Psalm 73

I woke this morning to a two year old prying my eyelids open....it's been a long week. Not the way I usually like to wake up. A long week for a hubby always equates to a longer week for his wife. Work Monday and a meeting until after 10pm. Tuesday, work and bible study and as often as it - catching up with kids until after 11pm. Today, more of the same with another late evening. It builds a foothold for discouragment to stand on.

It's been one discouragment after another this morning. Emails. VBS issues. Ministry concerns. Seeing how kids promote themselves on instagram - sweet Christian girls toting wine glasses and modeling the world; kids absorbed with self and worldliness; immodesty abounds. My own kids drawn to one youth event after another, like moths to flame. Ministries built on events and programs rather than the Word. Christian liberties and freedoms at the expense of deep thinking and spiritual disciplines. More discussion on what movies are out there than on the return of Christ. . . Families sold out to the sports god. Families sold out to the education god.

This is not the world I'm watching - it's the Church. The holy, blameless Bride.

Perhaps it's because I'm reading a book on Lady Jane Grey. Queen of England for only 9 days, a puppet in the hands of politicians, martyred at 16 - all according to God's Divine Sovereign rule. She died proclaiming her faith. Where are these 16 year olds?

It leaves me with only one cry, "Lord, sanctify Your Church and start with me!"

Like Asaph, I walk a slippery slope when looking outward and inward. Our hope is in Who is upward. "Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and portion forever." There is nothing new under the sun. We continue to fight the fight by faith and with grace through the Spirit. Strength just for today. Grace for the now. Love abounding. For the glory of the Bridegroom.

No comments: