Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Spam Snacks

The men need to take something to their bible study tonight...what could be better than Spam snacks? If you had asked me what Spam was pre-marriage, I'm fairly sure I had never heard of it. It has grown on me over the years.
Spam Sushi, fun to make with kids.

Soak rice for several hours prior to cooking. After it's cooked, mix in rice vinegar.

In a separate bowl, mix oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. About 1 cup each. Stir until dissolved. Slice your Spam and cut into sections and marinate in the above sauce about 5-10 minutes. Then, with a little oil, fry on the cooktop until done (you can tell, will look crispy).

Cut seaweed into strips. We just made little rice squares, added Spam and wrapped with seaweed. I might invest in a sushi wrapper soon.

Yum.

No comments: