Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day gifts. . .

I've been wanting to transform the large, brown wall in the kitchen. With a door opening to enter and narrow passage with fridge and island, it's not an ideal picture place. I considered chalk paint and other creative endeavors, of which I am limited. Finally spotted this idea at Target and Sarah took on the project:).

Sarah hard at work! The top piece was a verse (from Kohls) that did NOT work....

The finished product! I love it!

Happy Mother's Day, 5.12.13
 While Sarah was working, we had the door locked to keep the traffic flow down. Except for nappers, most of us were all in the yard getting ready for the tribe for Mother's Day. My son was intent on being let inside and insisted that someone hear him. I told him to go around because the door was locked. . .stubborn won. Well, here's a mother's day gift from a son:

It's actually the first time a kid has broken a window. Hope it's the last.
I won't mention which son, but the only thing saving his behind was the new door is here and ready to install. So, Jon won't have to pay this time. Oops, now you know.

Mentioning sons. . .well.  I better save that story for later!

No comments: