Thursday, May 9, 2013

Officially a Californian?


This cute picture of my niece popped up on instagram yesterday; born two days after my 22 birthday we are linked by name and birthdays. I was telling the kids that she was the first niece born after I arrived in California and was "hanging out" with her Uncle Paul. She's known me all her life.

It dawned on me at that point - I've lived in California for more than 22 years now. I've lived in California longer than any other place, including my home state South Carolina. Does that make me a Californian now? I know, some argue you must be born there to be considered authentic - I'm from the South, I know about lineage and ancestry. But I think I am a Californian now. I must say I love this state and have enjoyed living here the majority of my life!  Of course living in the "Bible Belt" of California helps. . .

Happy Birthday, Amy Louise!

No comments: