Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sweet smells

Sweet smells. May sound weird but there are some smells I will miss and I find that I savor them these days. Tonight I was able to rock Joey for a bit. Rocking and singing I drank in a strong whiff of boy. He smelled of sunshine, sand (not sure where he found that), and grass. Sweet smells. Believe me, it's been a while since I breathed in a big whiff of Josh or Jon! Big boy, pre-man smells are not sweet. In fact, I find myself holding my breath as I enter their room! If not, the gagging and retching occurs. No, sweet baby smells linger not long enough. Those sweet breath days soon end when the teeth emerge. The baby poop smell is gone when food comes. But at least toddlers still have a sweet smell at the end of the day. If not sunshine and grass, then baby shampoo and powder. Ahh. It ends too quickly. Joey is no longer looking like a two year toddler but a little boy. Miriam no longer looks as babyish, but is turning into a toddler.


I can't get enough kisses, hugs, and sweet smells. :)

No comments: